Friday 22 May 2015

What a day for a daydream

It continues to rain.

My car is now revived. We found the culprit. Apparently there's a button that has been left ON that has been draining the car battery. I have no idea what it's for, and must have been left on ever since I bought the car a year ago. But hooray, now it is switched off, and I won't need to worry, I can leave the car in the garage for a few days without worrying it won't start.

I do the grocery shopping, passing the Pak n'Save plants stand from Awapuni Nurseries. They have little punnets wrapped in paper to pop n' grow and I see they have violets. BUT I have already bought seeds of those and sowed them so I must be patient and wait for them to grow. So I resist the urge for instant gratification.

I'm wondering if it's ok to buy chinese vegetables though. Surely mum won't mind, as she buys them fully grown and cut anyway. Last night she wanted chives to garnish the salmon and unfortunately I had clipped it all back, but I told her we can have parsley instead.

Things to do ...

*harvest basil seeds before it's too late and keep them for spring season.
*pull out cherry tomato plant if no more tomatoes and put chinese veges there.
*perhaps..buy another two more blueberry bushes as need more than one, which doesn't seem to be doing well where I planted it, so may need to be in a tub of some kind...in acidic/peaty soil. Surely mum  won't object to more blueberry plants? Especially if buy one to replace the one that seems to be dead.
*prepare a garlic bed
* weed
*gather bamboo for community garden fence
* find an arch. I have requested Kings order some in, they don't seem to have any at the moment
* scope out free cuttings/plants swaps in Sunnyvale, apparently every Saturday they meet at the community hall.
*join a butterfly club and visit West Lynn gardens again

Consider the lilies of the field. How they grow, They toil not,  nor do they spin....

I'm considering while my garden is all wet making some clothes on mums sewing machine. If she doesn't kill me first. Cos I might wreck it. Well. I do think it's important to wear clothes, since the current state of our gardens and climate is that, its too cold and wet in winter and too hot and sunny in summer to walk round naked all the time. Animals are fortunate in that they've already got fur and feathers.