Wednesday 14 December 2016

More work!

Lo and behold, more work to do in the garden, this time planted three thymes, one silver to go with my silver spear astelia, a pizza thyme and a variegated lemon thyme. Another native fuchsia to go on my fernery as a ground cover after mulched with Living Earth mulch mix. It said on the packet 'be the envy of your neighbours, when they see you and your awesome garden just smile and wave'.
My neighbours do not smile and wave at me on that side of the fence, they seem to be caught up lifting weights I hear them grunting in their makeshift garage gym.

I had one neighbour across the road smirk at me and say 'alone in the garden again' she's only nine but I will just ignore her judging, because  I don't see any garden where she is just bare lawn which her mother has to mow.

The neighbours who's dog mauled Mary are keeping a pretty low profile.
But on the other side I have two neighbours who do smile and wave at me so something must be working.

I have decided to put more herbs in my garden and have bought a gotu kola as heard it's good for curries and general health. It says to plant near a pond and keep moist so will keep near my birdbath as got no pond.
Found what appears to be juniper or it might be native coprosma groundcover at Countdown growing luxuriantly so pulled a cutting to plant in my rockery area. Thank you Countdown.

I have now joined Facebook (again) and see that I could share this post on Facebook if I wanted to but not sure anyone would really be interested because half the time I don't even look at all the cat videos posted there let alone blogs about gardens. (Nobody has any, perhaps I will be the first in my circle of friends), although I do notice Woodside Garden has been putting up pictures of me all the time on their blog and probably talking about me and tagging me on Facebook and I have no idea.
So...if you are bored and have nothing to do please read Rambling Garden Diary and be amused or inspired or possibly horrified at what I've been up to. I will add some emoticons for good measure. πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜ΌπŸ˜½πŸ˜ΎπŸ˜»