Thursday 14 January 2016

Hammock weather

I long for a hammock and may be buying one this weekend as think I have a place to hang it - between the tangelo tree and the deck.

It's nice to sit in the shade and sip a cool drink. But my parents think the sun is good and benign and no shade is wonderful. They go without hats and don't bother covering up when the sun is at its zenith.

Beth gave me tonnes of tree ferns but I have no soil or compost to plant them in. The rocky garden bed is dry as dust, I think I will have to just heap compost on top but I don't like that Dad placed plastic underneath it all, so what soil there is is not getting any air. I will have to rip the entire lot out.

Honestly he makes more work for me, plus he pulled out all my pansies and violas thinking they were weeds.

How can I expect to grow anything when there's nothing to grow in?

In other news the morning glory has flowered and its purple with star shaped swirls. I may be buying a shoe rack as that makes a good pot stand for the deck. Mum said my cousin had thrown out a christmas tree and did I want it. What does she think I am, three years old? What would I do with a fake christmas tree? In summer?

Anyway with slight annoyance I said no thanks.

Parents...they just don't understand.