Thursday 6 June 2019

Calling all Gardeners

Please fill out my Questionnaire and help Garden Planet!

It's only ten questions. I really appreciate all responses. Well except for one really rude person on Neighbourly who probably isn't even a gardener, who seemed put out that they were asked to fill out a 'badly designed questionnaire not done by a professional'. Well sorry that it's on Google forms and I didn't pay someone $100 bucks to do a top job maybe he was just put out I didn't ask him to design it.   Oh well thats his problem!

My teacher just said, don't listen to people who say nay. She gives us all motivational quotes like this one from Michelle Obama, who by the way, is a gardener I look up to, after all, she turned some of the White House Lawn into a thriving kitchen garden.

'One of the lessons that I grew up with was to always stay true to yourself and never let what somebody else says distract you from your goals'

Here's another one, which is encouraging

'COURAGE Do one brave thing today, then run like hell' - I don't know who said that...

And this one by Warren Buffett. Who knew he was a gardener? Maybe he just liked trees.

'Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago'

And then there's all these little quotes at the bottom of the 2019 diary on each page that I find inspiring.

'Stones and sticks are thrown only at fruit bearing trees' - Sumi
'Judge a man by his questions rather than by his answers' - Voltaire
'Always do your best. What you plant now, you will harvest later' - Og Mandino
'What we have to learn to do, we learn by doing' - Aristotle
'If you want to conquer fear, don't sit at home and think about it. Go out and get busy' - Dale Carnegie
'Generosity gives assistance, rather than advice' - Vauvenargues

And my goal today...is to go out and do some gardening. And then chat about it with Karyn to share with all you listeners out there who also are interested in gardening. Who knows, maybe there are some gardeners who are also professional questionnaire designers but ..its only ten questions. I'm sure I've been asked worse questions. Like..this one by mum. 'Are you really a gardener?' Oh man. How do you even answer that. My questions are easy. I'm not going to ask where are you from and look at you funny if you say you are from Auckland and not China.