Thursday 21 September 2017

Spring is here...

The sky is blue..it's equinox, also my sister's birthday and friends are getting married, flowers are out..must be spring.

Just thought I would announce it officially with the first peach blossom in case y'all have been living in a cave these past few weeks, staring at the computer waiting for the internet to work and wasting away in windowless bunkers. (My former life).

Went to the Flower Circle meeting on Tuesday and learned some new flowers. Out now are, in no particular order...

Bluebells
Pansy
Echium
Hardenbergia
Clivia
Daffodil
Chinese Lantern
Nigella
Lavender
Calendula
Viburnum
Cyclamen
Grape Hyacinth
Freesia
Snowflake
Poor Knight's Lily
Salvia
Jacob's Ladder
Kowhai
Manuka
Polyanthus
Arum lily
Orchid
Dutch Iris
Genista
Magnolia
Hellebore
Red Clover
Bergenia
Alyssum
Diosma
Camellia

Note..not all these are in my garden...

Work continues...planted aggies, and scleranthus. My arch is about to fall over as it seems to have rusted through so have my eye on a more solid one on trademe. Seems a shame but I may have to cut down my hardenbergia and start again!

Also, am suffering from terrible hayfever. Thankfully I learned the Sneeze Song in Bible in Schools so I know God still loves me no matter how I sneeze.