Wednesday 24 March 2021

Garden Ramble Time

 


Though working on Saturdays means I don't get to go. Though I have started going on Mondays, although sadly I get an earful from some of the grumpier gardeners when I do go, so am reconsidering whether they still want me around. Between you, me and the fencepost, I could do without the stress and just get on with it. I personally wouldn't stick around if anyone tries to nag me. 

Mum had to go to hospital but I can't convince her to come to the garden with me and chop up weeds for someone else when she won't hardly do anything in our own garden, yet expects me to do everything perfect. Meanwhile, the trimming in the orchard with  the trees and perennials gets left for months and months until everything is overgrown. I don't understand why some people just don't bother to PRUNE anything, to keep the plants healthy, and use the prunings as mulch or cuttings  but would rather pull out and dig and to make even MORE work for themselves.  I am very happy to do pruning, and not nag anyone else to do it, yet get told by others its' 'busy work' or some such rot. 

But it falls on deaf ears. It would be kind of like pulling out your own hair when you're done with it and going bald instead of giving it a good trim so it will grow again healthy and strong. Of course if pulling out your own hair is what you really want to do, go for it, but don't expect me to do it for you!

Anyway. If you see flowers in the community garden, it's only because I've convinced people to plant them, because before there was really nothing and no bees wanted to visit as there were hardly any flowers to attract them.