Friday 1 January 2021

Welcome 2021

Dad took this photo of the lily just opened yesterday, my first flower of the year.  I am recovering from a wasp sting with my hand swollen up like a balloon but otherwise no other new year mishaps to report!




Now that the applemint and spider plants are cleared away, I might possibly have room for more plants. 
Though my drought stricken corner area with the feijoa (Mary's grave and Sock's garden) now needs attention. Though most everything I have tried growing there has failed. I have some scraggly daisies and lambs ears, two abutilons, a manuka and that's it.  

So it can't be any of these plants:

Echinacea
Dahlia
Ponga
Cabbage Tree
Jacaranda
Lemon
Ferns
Nasturtium
Sweet Pea
Poppy
Silverbeet
Hydrangea
Azalea
Clivia
Chinese Toon
Dusty Miller
Licorice Plant
Hardenbergia
Choko
Poppies
Spider Plants
Renga Renga lilies
Ginger plant


I am waiting for inspiration to strike. If the neighbours stop clearing all their trees I wouldn't have to keep changing my garden grrr.