Friday 24 June 2022

Happy Matariki

 I spent Matariki sleeping in then painting my sunflowers  (thanks Vincent Van Gogh) to brighten my room. Other flowers are making an appearance. I pulled out a strip of mondo grass to be replaced by a line of 24 mixed polyanthus, on special from Mitre 10. The mondos are now gone to Epsom and brother Vincent is going to use them for his garden. I also managed to snag 24 mixed primulas, and found I had nowhere to plant those so...the school garden next to the library became the happy recipient of those. 

At Woodside I've now put in three rows of daikon radish. 

Still no word about the tiger lilies...

David from number 50 has now organised a planting day for us Riverparkers behind number 21. He's got about 750 native  plants for us to plant, plus mulch to go in on  July 16.  He's also been trapping possums and rats. 

Our crescent is going to be the best ever with rejuvenated forest and riparian planting, and having all the moth plants, woolly nightshade, privet and elephant grass removed! 



Karyn's been recovering from a bout of the flu. I hope she's ok to record what may be our last Garden Planet episode for a while.