Thursday 19 May 2022

Dark Days

 After a floriliferous birthday..we're back to rainy days where the garden has gone indoors.



Birthday Flowers...


Mother's Day flowers...

I paid a visit to Fab Garden Mama's boutique and bought an Elephants Ear philendron for the library.  Fab Garden Mama says she's getting married in December! 

Otherwise not much gardening being done, I'm trying to get the kids interested in making dried flower bookmarks but so far not much has been happening as I'd had to cancel a few days due to a bad head cold. But it seems Sis got the indoor gardening bug and has been updating me on the progress of her pilea like it's her first child...every time it grows a new leaf, I get pictures. When it got spots, she was a bit worried, but, I assured her that some plants do have spots on their leaves and it's not anything to worry about...it's just natural variegation. 

Karyn and I have been trying to put together a wrap up show for Garden Planet but actually getting together to record has been eluding us. Not helping is the moving of Planet FM premises (the old house has been demolished!) . It has been so long that I have not been able to talk about much gardening at all. And Karyn says her own garden had to be taken apart thanks to her home's deck renovations. While at the community garden, our raised beds need new wood as half of them have fallen apart. We are going to use the bulb money for fresh wood. So if it seems like our gardens has gone into hibernation, well maybe its a Sabbath year for all of us.