Friday 25 December 2020

RIP Karen Leonie Ginn

 My cousin has passed away (suddenly) aged 56. We laid her to rest on Wednesday in the rich volcanic soil of Mangere Cemetery, near my grandma, grandad and Aunty Lily, her mother. 

Karen was a sweet gentle soul and a cat lover, like so many of us in the family are. I remember her kindness and generosity, to us the younger cousins, though we did not see much of her as we got older. I believe she had a quiet simple life with her circle of friends and flatmates at the rest home, where she spent the last six years of her life, as friends and flatmates testified she was a valuable member of the home, caring, kind, and with a great sense of humour. She loved country and western music, especially the songs of Dolly Parton. My favourite picture is of her as a young girl with flowers in her hair in one of our family wedding photos. 

God gave me a scripture passage from Ruth 1: 16-17

And Ruth said, Intreat me not to leave thee, or to return from following after thee: for whither thou goest, I will go; and where thou lodgest, I will lodge: thy people shall be my people, and thy God my God: 17Where thou diest, will I die, and there will I be buried: the LORD do so to me, and more also, if ought but death part thee and me.

Rest in Peace Karen, the Lord has called you home.