Thursday 5 November 2020

Garden blooming

 Time is flying by. 

Karyn got hitched...here's the evidence. It was a beautiful church ceremony that was simple yet sweet. Pierre waited patiently for half an hour past the appointed time. Some men don't. They are like - ten minutes late - missed your chance!


Is it better to be late than never? Perhaps. I know you can definitely marry too early. We showered her with flowers and she threw the bouquet. Don't worry, I did not catch it, I've got plenty of flowers in my own garden. 

This spring season has actually never been so spectacular for flowers in my garden.

I've got irises, roses, sweet peas, statice, ajugas, watsonias, lavender, daisies, pelargoniums, ivy geraniums, scabiosa, forget-me-not, salvia, nasturtiums, oxalis, abutilon, jasmine, plumbago, apple blossom, impatiens, daphne, camellia....

The Floral Circle are having the trip to Tauranga next week and this time Cenny and Marie are coming with me. When I get back I need to get into planting maybe some dwarf beans or capsicums. But I am sure I will find inspiration on my trip - as I have not been able to get out and about so much yet. Sometimes isolation and quarantine can make you quite insular and too sheltered.  Although I think doing your own thing can be very satisfying, something in me wants to reach out more and grow more and do more but where when why and how, I am not sure yet. 

Who knows what's around the corner?